The AFEL Free Agency - Scout Bidding
Free Agency Rules
- You can only have up to 4 player bids active at one time and 2 staff bids active at one time.
- If no-one has overbid you in 36 hours the player is yours.
- The initial bid must be at least what they are requesting on the Free Agent page or staff page - i.e. their salary.
- You must increase bids by at least $5k if the current bid is under $100k. Bids must be increased by at least $10k if the current bid is $100k or over.
(Note the system will show the next minimum bid allowed in the bid field, this does not mean you have to bid this much (you can bid more), but you cannot bid less that this value)
- For example a Scout who is currently being offered $50,000 needs a bid of at least $55,000. A player who is being offered $140,000 needs a bid of $150,000. Exactly $100,000 needs $110,000.
- You must sign your successful bids to at least two year contracts - except for players aged 6 or over.
- Make sure you keep an eye on how much money you have to bid with.
- Teams that have contracted more salaries than they can afford the day before Round 1 of the regular season will lose their most expensive player until they can afford their list.